The female estimated to be 16 years of age, was walking suspiciously towards the gate of the university when police guarding the area spotted her, isolated her and called for reinforcement from female police officers adept at handling Muslim females.
The young woman who had a bomb concealed inside her hijab, killed herself by detonating her explosives, five policemen suffered minor injuries
The trio were mercilessly beaten. One later died in hospital and the two others are still being treated.
It was a grim reminder of the recent gang-rape case in Badaun, Uttar Pradesh, where two sisters were raped and then hanged from a tree outside their village.
After a string of high-profile cases, India has become notorious for savage sexual attacks on often young women and girls.
However, the number of rapes recorded in the country is still far lower than countries such as the U.S. and UK, according to figures from the UN Office on Drugs and Crime.
The victim in the most-recent case had gone missing last night, after apparently going out to the neighbourhood shop.
The Hindustan Times reports that people went around the village to gather a search party, which found her body handing from a tree.
Word spread and rumours began circulating that she had been gang-raped, spurring villagers to round up Ratan Das, a local Tantrik, or Hindu witchdoctor, and two of his associates.
The mob beat up the men and also set fire to a house belonging to Das, who had been seen with the victim yesterday morning. Then they went to police.Sukesh Kumar Jain, East Midnapore Superintendent of Police, told the Hindustan Times: 'The father of the girl lodged a complaint at the local police station against three persons.'
One of the three accused has already died.'
There is as yet no evidence that the girl was raped before she was killed. Police said they are not ruling out a family feud as the motive behind the killing.'We are awaiting the autopsy report to confirm rape,' said a police officer. 'There was also some enmity between the families of the girl and the prime accused, Ratan Das.'
Culled From Daily Trust Mail cited in lindaikeji
The Nigerian military in a statement released on its website says it has taken into custody a man dressed as a woman who is suspected to be connected with the Wednesday 23rd bomb blast targeted at former Head of state, General Buhari.
Troops are holding a man suspected to be connected with the explosion targeted at General Buhari on Wednesday. The young man who was apprehended by military patrol team that swooped on the area immediately after the explosion, had disguised as a woman clad in female garb to exude femininity with a brazier affixed to his chest.
The suspect was arrested while trying to fizzle into a crowd of onlookers when the patrol team arrived the scene. Youths in the area attempted to mob him while he was being arrested but were restrained by troops who quickly whisked him away in an armoured personnel carrier.
He is currently being interrogated by security agencies in a bid to ascertain his links.
The five-inch sex toy was removed by doctors after it had been inside the woman for 10 years
A 38-year-old Scottish woman had to undergo surgery after doctors found a sex toy inside her vagina.
The unidentified woman had reported at theAberdeen Royal Infirmary to complain of severe weight loss and mild incontinence, among other things.
The doctors who examined her where shocked when they found the foreign body and even more so when she confessed that she didn’t know it was there.
The sex toy had protruded into her bladder from her vagina and caused complications including vesicovaginal ﬁstula (VVF) and blockage in her bladder.
Doctors were however able to remove the object and repair the damage caused.
The men whose names were given as Amos Kareem and Abubakar Ladan were arrested with human head, leg and hand in Tabira village, Okuta in Baruten LGA of the state, according to a report by Vanguard.
When interviewed, one of the suspects, Abubakar Ladan said Amos Kareem promised to give him a motorcycle if he could find him human head, hand and leg. His desire to own a motorcycle made him go to a cemetery where he exhumed bodies and cut off their heads, hands and legs (pictured above).
When asked what he wanted to do with the human parts, Amos Kareem said he sold them to politicians. He however refused to disclose the identities of the politicians.
The police also paraded a man said to be an accomplice, having accommodated the suspects in Tabira village, though the man denied knowledge of the business Kareem and Ladan were involved in.
The victim, who was extensively interrogated before his gruesome killing, identified himself as Umar Abubakar, disclosing that he was a member of Section 9 of the Nigerian armed forces engaged in counter-insurgency measures against Boko Haram.
In the video clip, the insurgents asked their victim to state his monthly pay to which he replied N40,000. He also disclosed that his commanding officer was a 2nd lieutenant. The insurgents displayed their victim's identity card, chanting that the world should know that Allah had given them an enemy.
"So you were sent to kill Boko Haram? And you are serving the state instead of Allah? We are members of Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'awati Wal-Jihad and Allah has given us an infidel today," one of the Islamist sect's leaders said in the video.
Thinking that reprieve would come his way, the captured military operative proclaimed himself a Muslim of Jama'atu Izalal extraction, but the insurgents, who spoke Hausa mixed with Kanuri, dismissed his plea. Their leader said: "No amount of prayers will save you, we will judge you according to the Quran."To the chants of Allahuakubar, the insurgents decapitated the hapless officer. After beheading their victim, the terrorists held up his severed head in jubilation as one of them used a mobile phone to film the gory scene. The victim's headless body can be seen on the ground in a pool of blood, his hands tied with a rope.
You can always watch the video on youtube because I couldnt watch it nor upload it due to it disturbing and sad.
Source: Sahara Reporters
A 26 year old husband made a spreadsheet document containing all the reasons his wife had given for denying him sex over the space of a month.
The sex-starved husband then mailed it to his wife telling her that he wouldn’t miss her even though she would be away for 10 days.
The shocked wife posted the document to Reddit but it has since been deleted. How many of you wives are guilty of this?
She was immediately arrested and taken away. When you continue, you will see pics of the dead little boy. If you don't have the heart, don't look. It's truly heartbreaking. That's someone child!. My Goodness!!..
Here's a pix of the police man who caught the woman.....
Below is another family that perished in the disaster.
British man John Allen, 44, a lawyer, his Dutch wife, a primary school teacher, Sandra Allen, their three sons, Chris (left), Ian (centre), and Julian (right) all died when pro-Russian rebels shot down the Malaysian passenger plane on Thursday July 17th..
He was rushed to the Abia State Specialist Hospital Umuahia where he had been receiving medical attention. Unfortunately he didn't make it. He died on Monday July 14th, six days after the attack.
His death was announced by the Abia State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Eze Chikamnayo at a press conference yesterday Tuesday July 15th. Mr Chikanmayo said Dr Nwosu's death was a great loss to the people of Abia state. May his soul rest in peace...Amen.
The suspect, Ugwu Lawrence (pictured) who was tracked by security operatives after dispatching text messages of impending bombings of some hotels in Abuja, confessed that he employed the gimmick because the management of one of the organisation failed to offer him employment.
The suspect further confessed that his motive was a ploy to instil fear in the mind of the management’s chairman, and pleaded that he is actually not a terrorist. The suspect is still undergoing further interrogation preparatory to prosecution.
The randy dad who, according to reports, has been flexing his muscles on his young daughter who is now four months pregnant, has been sent to prison to the Agodi prison for the offence.
While begging in court for forgiveness, Akintola blamed the devil for his actions and asked his daughter to forgive him.
The girl told the court that her father who lives with his family in a one room apartment in the town, used to come down from the bed every night to force himself on her and warned her never to tell her mother or he would kill her.
The evil deed was only brought to the fore when the girl got pregnant and was forced to tell who was responsible for her pregnancy. That was when she revealed that her blood father was the one who put her in the family way.
What should be done to such a father?
The mastermind of the April 14th Nyanya bomb blast, Aminu Sadiq Ogwuche, who fled to Sudan after the bombing, has been arrested and handed over to Nigerian Security officials by INTERPOL.
29 year old Sadiq, believed to have been radicalized while studying at the South Wales University in Sudan, was arrested on May 14th and was only extradited today to Nigeria.
According to a report by BBC, President Jonathan has cancelled his proposed meeting with parents of the missing chibok girls after accusing #BringBackOurGirls campaigners of playing politics.
Jonathan had been due to meet with the parents of the victims today but he canceled it last minute, saying the #BringBackOurGirls group should be ashamed of manipulating "the victims of terrorism"
Unfortunately, political forces within the Nigerian chapter of Bring Back Our Girls have decided to take this opportunity to play politics with the situation and the grief of the parents and the girls. They should be ashamed of their actions. Those who would manipulate the victims of terrorism for their own benefit are engaging in a similar kind of evil: Psychological terrorism," President Jonathan said in a statement.
Yesterday Andre spoke to E! News exclusively about why he cut off his penis...and how he's living life without it.
"Yes, I was using drugs that night, but I was in complete control. I cut it off because that was the root of all my problems. My solution to the problem was the realization that sex is for mortals, and I am a god...Those kinds of activities got me into trouble, and I came here to be a god."
There were reports that doctors were able to reattach Andre's penis, but he said that isn't true.
"Doctor's weren't able to repair anything. But, it still gets hard, the little bit that I got. I still got some penis that works. It's not the size of the prize, it's the motion of the ocean. There's no mystery to it, but they couldn't reattach it.
A penis is a penis is a penis.""I wasn't having that much sex up to that point anyways. My days of reproducing are over. But now I'm a reborn man." Continue...Andre recalls the incident...
"I didn't want to kill myself. That was just my response to the demons. They were doing their best to get to me, but being alive solidified my thoughts...I'm alive, penis or no penis.""I had a psychologist I was seeing after I was released from hospital but I was quickly okayed after they said I had all my marbles...the lights were on in the attic.
"People perceived me as crazy, so I never wanted to speak wholeheartedly on the matter. But now, in retrospect, the truth must be told.
"Me and RZA (his music label) came to an understanding. I still write music, but I love comedy and we're going to have a Wu-Tang writing team. I'm going to do stand up along with making music."
Gunmen wearing camouflage and carrying weapons fitted with silencers reportedly burst into two apartments in they city's Zayouna district on Saturday evening before massacring everyone inside.
Police arrived at the building to find blood streaming down the stairs. Inside they discovered the bodies of dozens of women scattered around two apartments. Continue...Most of the victims appear to have been killed by gunshost wounds to the head. In one image the bodies of five women are seen slumped together on the floor of bathroom. In another the bodies of eight women are seen lying in a pool of blood in what appears to be a living room.
MailOnline has decided not to publish these images.A message scrawled on a wall inside one of the apartments read: 'This is the fate of any prostitution.'While no group has yet claimed responsibility for the murders, locals believe the killings were carried out by Shiite militants opposed to prostitution.
A police officer speaking on condition of anonymity said: 'When we walked up the stairs, we saw a couple of women's bodies and blood streaming down the stairs. We entered a flat and found bodies everywhere, some lying on the sofa, some on the ground, and one woman who apparently had tried to hide in a cupboard in the kitchen shot to death there.'The attacks happened late on Saturday night at an apartment block in , a mixed Sunni and Shiite district of Baghdad.
Police believe men using silenced weapons carried out the executions, before scrawling 'this is the fate of any prostitution' on one of the doors.Officers have now cordoned off the street, with residents reporting that the sole access point to the building has been blocked off.Shiite militias have become more active on the streets of Baghdad since Sunni militants led by jihadist fighters took over large swathes of eastern and northern Iraq a month ago.
Culled from UK Daily Mail Cited In lindaikeji.blogspot.com
Speaking during the meeting, president Jonathan said;"Terror is relatively new here and dealing with it has its challenges. The great challenge in rescuing the Chibok girls is the need to ensure that they are rescued alive.
The Govt and its security agencies were very mindful of the need to avoid the scenario in rescue attempts in other parts of the world where lives of abductees were lost in the efforts to rescue them.” he stated. See more photos after the cut...
He was caught with what looked like petrol mixed with chemical. The students said he was trying to blow up a block in the hall. The man was immediately arrested and is still in police custody. God help us all....
I am so happy right now for Germany.... Wow! After 24years Germany emerge the Champion of the world. Messi was given a golden ball and Manuel Neur, Germany goal keeper was given the best keeper of the FIFA World cup..Germany 1-0 Argentina. Congrats to both Teams...
Malala Yousafzai, the girls' education activist who was shot by the Taliban, is on her way to Nigeria to campaign on behalf of the schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram.Ms Yousafzai, 17 who was an early backer of the #BringBackOurGirls social media campaign, is due in the Nigerian capital, Abuja, on Sunday.
As well as meeting relatives of the kidnapped girls, she is expected to seek an audience with President Goodluck Jonathan.Her visit to Nigeria takes place almost three months to the day since the abduction of the girls, who were taken by Boko Haram militants from a boarding school in Chibok, in north-east Borno State, on April 14.The presence of such a high-profile women's rights campaigner will add to the pressure on the Nigerian government, which was accused in the early days of the kidnapping of not doing enough to resolve it.
In recent weeks there has been claims that the trail has effectively gone cold in the hunt for the girls, despite help from Britain, America and France.Officials believe the hostages have been split up into different groups and hidden in the vast Sambisa forest region, an area roughly twice the size of Belgium.
Some may also have been taken over the border into neighbouring Cameroon and Chad. Around 223 girls are believed to be missing in total.It was in early May that Ms Yousafzai first joined the #BringBackOurGirls campaign, which successfully focused international attention on the girls' plight.
She posed with a picture on her Twitter feed and described the girls as "sisters".Ms Yousafzai was shot by the Taliban as she boarded her school bus in the valley of Swat, northwest Pakistan after she spoke publicly about girls' rights to education.She was transferred to Britain for hospital treatment, and currently lives in the West Midlands along with her family.
A new video made available to AFP, Boko Haram claimed been responsible for the bomb attacks on June 25th in Abuja and Lagos state that killed over 21 people. AFP confirmed the release of the video on their site.
AFP also said that Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau voiced its support for the extremist Sunni Islamic State (ISIS) militant group, which has taken over most parts of Iraq and Syria.
The statement said that the operation was yielding more discoveries of arms stockpiled in underground cells in the forest. It said that troops who were excavating various sites in the forest in search of hidden weapons had so far recovered over 10 rifles along with parts and accessories.
The statement also said that the troops also recovered more than 80 General Purpose Machine Guns, tubes of Rocket Propelled Grenades and Launchers, cables, wires and thousands of rounds of assorted ammunition.
Also recovered in the search were uniforms of security agencies including protective clothing. “Suspects captured in the forest have been taken into custody and are volunteering information linking the activities in the forest with other terrorist activities in the country,” it said. The statement said that the mopping up operation would be sustained.